Senior Software Engineer / Irvine, CA
I write empathetic codeempathetic code and build applications that people connect with directly. Regardless of the platform, solving difficult problems and building smooth user experiences is my jam.
Software Engineer • Blizzard Entertainment
May 2020 - present • Irvine, CA
- Designed and developed internal web tools (using React and TypeScript) that serve Activision's and Blizzard's game titles and impact millions of users.
- Maintained existing systems, including debugging and feature development, concise documentation, prompt live operations support, and major application releases.
- Ensured product quality with collaborative feature planning and code review, as well as thorough unit and scenario testing (using Jest and Selenium/Java).
- Organized recurring front-end focused engineering meetings for improved team cohesion and knowledge distribution.
Software Engineer • Restaurant365
October 2019 - May 2020 • Irvine, CA
- Developed new features (using TypeScript, React, Redux/Saga, and Node.js) and maintained existing codebases (using AngularJS and C#) for accounting software used in more than 12,000 restaurants.
- Set up GitLab CI pipeline to deploy serverless functions to AWS and Azure.
- Improved error-prone legacy code and deployment processes with extensive debugging and documentation updates.
- Greatly improved developer experience by simplifying end-to-end cross-platform local development.
Software Engineer • Ytel
May 2017 - Sept 2019 • Lake Forest, CA
- Led development of React/Redux messaging campaign applications and maintained legacy apps written in PHP Laravel, Vue.js, and AngularJS.
- Built SSO and user management systems using JWTs and GraphQL.
- Developed an interface for plotting and managing interactive nodes in a tree structure (similar to an org chart) on browser canvas.
- Introduced unit-testing to client-side code bases and maintained healthy coverage.
- Wrote GitLab CI and Node.js scripts to improve productivity, performance, and save the company thousands by pruning unused data from external services.
Web Developer • Ytel
March 2017 - May 2017 • Lake Forest, CA
- Wireframed and built static marketing static websites using Jekyll and Firebase Auth/DB.
- Managed DNS, migrated, configured, and maintained web projects on an optimized LEMP stack virtual machine.
- Developed interfaces for office televisions to welcome clients by name visiting the office.
Design Team Lead • MMG INTL
July 2011 - Oct 2016 • Orange, CA
Employee of the month
Ytel • July 2018
President’s & Dean’s lists
CSULB • 2009 - 2012
Irvine, CA • 2016
Orange Coast College
Costa Mesa, CA • 2014
B.A., Art History
California State University
Long Beach, CA • 2012